Saturday, November 13, 2010

Interview with Sangeeta Jani, Metuchen (NJ)

Sangeeta Jani, one of the most senior teachers in the Art of Living Foundation, visited New Jersey to conduct a DSN course. Volunteers Maya and Anvesh took the opportunity to ask her a few questions about her nineteen years of teaching experience, traveling around the world teaching various Art of Living programs, and growing on the spiritual path. Below is the interview.

Q: As a teacher, what are some challenges you face?
Sangeeta Jani: I don’t see anything as a challenge. I see it all as a happening. So whatever is happening in the current moment, I feel, and I have seen this happen, it is leading to something bigger, it is leading to something else. So something that may appear as an obstacle right now, is not really an obstacle. It is just something that is pushing you towards something bigger, towards a bigger plan. I have learned that and that has made it very smooth and everything flows very easily.

Q: What do you enjoy about being a teacher?
Sangeeta Jani at Art of Living center, Metuchen, NJ
 Sangeeta Jani: I just enjoy teaching, Because when I teach, first and foremost I feel so grateful that I have an opportunity to be an instrument to the Divine and do some work to make a difference. I feel I may have spent so many lifetimes just coming and going, coming and going,  taking from this planet. This lifetime also I may have done a lot of that but, you know, when I have an opportunity to give, I feel so grateful, and so indebted to be able to give to the world. I feel blessed to be chosen to do something like this, to have the ability to do something like this.

To read the rest of the interview, visit Interview with Sangeeta Jani.

No comments:

Post a Comment